- Sat, Jul 09Conifer ForestJul 09, 2:00 PM – 7:00 PM EDTConifer Forest, 125 Arborway, Boston, MA 02130, USAThe MassQ Ball 2022 will feature the diverse artistic expressions of and for Boston’s communities of color. A space for connection and healing, this intergenerational, cross-cultural exhibition of the arts asks the question “If we, together, could author our own creation story, what would we create?
- Sun, Jun 26Hemlock HillJun 26, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDTHemlock Hill, 125 Arborway, Boston, MA 02130, USALed by Bengali culture worker Pampi, this audience participatory workshop allows attendees to weave love letters into hand-crafted ceremonial vessels to their loved ones. Vessel will be fashioned out of natural materials sourced from the grounds of the Arboretum and displayed in the MassQ Ball.
- Sat, Jun 04Leventritt Garden PavilionJun 04, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDTLeventritt Garden Pavilion, 125 Arborway, Boston, MA 02130, USALearn the origin, technique and meaning behind Daniel's artistic practice of MassQing, which uses the human face as a canvas to reveal one's inner state. Engage firsthand in the conception and creation of your own MassQ.
- Sat, May 21Bradley Rose GardenMay 21, 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM EDTBradley Rose Garden, 125 Arborway, Boston, MA 02130, USALed by Castle of our Skins’ Director of Education Taylor Lena McTootle, “Making a Mythos” focuses on the creative power of storytelling. Young participants will experience firsthand how fictional tales can reflect our cultural values and create them. Appropriate for youth ages 8-12 years old.
- Sat, May 14Hunnewell Lecture HallMay 14, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDTHunnewell Lecture Hall, 125 Arborway, Boston, MA 02130, USADr. Liseli A. Fitzpatrick, a Trinidadian-scholar in the field of African Diasporic cosmologies and sacred ontologies, will lead an engaging lecture and discussion exploring African mythologies and folkloric cultures.
- Sat, Apr 30Hunnewell Visitor CenterApr 30, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDTHunnewell Visitor Center, 125 Arborway, Boston, MA 02130, USALed by poet and Castle of our Skins’ Shirley Graham Du Bois Creative in Residence Marlanda Dekine, this participatory workshop will use writing and meditation to consider how our individual origin stories and ancestries influence our being.
- Sat, Mar 26Weld Hill + live streamedMar 26, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDTWeld Hill + live streamed, 539 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02116, USAA panel discussion featuring visual activist L’Merchie Frazier, dancer Jenny Oliver, and restauranter Biplaw Rai, this event explores the deeply intertwined relationship between identity, artistic expression, and how both can be leveraged for cross cultural connectivity. In-person & livestreamed.